Information security is important – also when getting married. To ensure your wedding guests that it is indeed you getting married, you can – and should – use cryptography. When we got married about a year ago, we had PGP/GPG-signed save-the-date cards. See below how I created those (with code!).Continue reading
Author Archives: helga
Last weekend I gave a talk about Ganeti at the FrOSCon conference in St. Augustin. Slides and recording are available here:
- Slides: froscon-2014.pdf
- Recording: froscon2014-1303-EN-Ganeti_h264-hq.mp4
Thanks to everyone who attended!
Linuxtag slides available
Thanks to all of you who attended my talk at Linuxtag 2014, in Berlin!
My slide deck is available here:
I’ll give a talk about Ganeti at the upcoming Linuxtag 2014 in Berlin!
My talk will be on Friday, 9th of May at 21:00. See the announcement of my talk here: http://www.linuxtag.org/2014/en/program/talk-details/?eventid=2452
For the general conference website, click here: http://www.linuxtag.org/2014/en/
The plan is to give a short overview about Ganeti and an update on current development. I will be around on the conference from Thursday to Saturday. Feel free to approach me if you want to chat about Ganeti.
On Nov 5th, 2013, me and my colleague Guido Trotter will teach a class about Ganeti at usenix/LISA ’13 in Washington, DC:
- announcement of our class on the usenix website
- slides of our class (available shortly before the class)
Hope to see you there!
In August, me and my colleague Klaus Aehlig gave a talk about Ganeti at FrOSCon, a free and open source conference, in St. Augustin, Germany.
If you watched our talk, please give us your feedback!
Although I did more of the artwork than of the coding, I’d like to point you to an arduino-based wedding present which me and some friends made: Reverse Geocashing Wedding Gift Box.
My academic profile
This blog is intended to present my professional endeavors. Since I started off in academia, this first post is dedicated to my previous profile (which used to be reachable at academia.helgavelroyen.de) which sums up my academic works:
- Diploma Thesis “Automatic Non-termination Analysis of Imperative Programs”, RWTH Aachen 2007: pdf
- Diploma Thesis “Automatic Non-termination Analysis of Imperative Programs”, Chalmers Technical University, Sweden: pdf (This version differs from the one above only in the layout.)
- Collection of programs which I examined in my thesis: tar.gz
- Paper “Non-Termination Checking for Imperative Programs”: available here.
- Software: here